Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
3rd Annual Fair Trade Colleges & Universities Conference at Siena College
Friday, April 19, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM (EDT)
Join us for Siena College's 3rd Annual Fair Trade Colleges and Universities Regional Conference! The conference theme this year is Food Justice. The conference will bring together students, faculty/administrators, and others who are involved in fair trade/ food justice campaigns on their campuses, or who just want to learn more about fair trade and food justice. The aim of the conference is to harness of power of our institutions to raise awarness about the fair trade and food justice movements and increase the personal and institutional commitment to Fair Trade and Just Food practices. Ultimately we strive to facilitate life changing benefits for farmers, workers and artisans in Africa, Asia, Latin America and locally. The conference will have student panels, faculty research, a fair trade wine tasting and a Fair Trade Bazaar!
Friday, April 19, 2013:
9:00am - Registration opens (coffee available)
9:15am – Welcome and Opening Remarks - Vera Eccarius-Kelly (Siena College) in SSU 243
9:30-10:20am Session 1
- a. The Real Food Challenge – Paige Allen (Siena College student) in the Molinari Room
- b. Fair Trade 101 - TBA in SSU 241-242
10:30-11:20am Session 2
- a. Talking and Tasting Fair Trade Wines – David Flynn (Culinary Institute of American) in the Molinari Room
- b. The Political Economy of Food - Jim Booker, Scott Tree and Elizabeth Porter (Siena Economic Dept.)- in SSU 241-242
11:30-12:20pm Session 3
- a. Eating Local - Donna Williams (Field Goods) and Dan Detora (Sodexho) in SSU 241-242
- b. Farm Worker Justice – Jessica Dowsett (Labor-Religion Coalition of NYS) in the Molinari Room
12:30-1:00pm Lunch (included in registration) Music by Tightly Wound String Band
1:00-1:30pm Keynote - Larissa Walker - Center for Food Safety, Washington DC
11:30 - 2:30pm Fair Trade Bazaar - 10,000 Villages, Mayan Hands, Topknot Soaps, Jolom Mayaetik, Field Goods, Mango Tree Imports
2:30 Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information